Recycling Service Operative (HGV ONLY)
If you want to work for a local, award-winning business, Changeworks Recycling are now actively recruiting experienced HGV licence holders to join our Edinburgh team as Recycling Service Operatives on a 4-on 4-off shift pattern.
Changeworks Recycling leads the Waste and Resource Management sector enabling Scottish businesses to reduce waste, carbon, and costs with innovative waste and resource management services.
As an industry, waste management is beginning to assert itself as an important part of the environmental agenda. Our unique approach is to foster long-term business partnerships that support, educate, and inspire our clients to reduce their carbon emissions.
This is a customer facing role and you will be required to demonstrate excellent commitment to customer service, and have a flexible, friendly, and enthusiastic attitude to your work. You will be the sort of person who can deliver to tight deadlines and work equally well as a team member or on your own.
In return the successful candidates will benefit from the below.
- 4 days on / 4 days off shift rotation (40 hours per week)
- Permanent position
- Competitive salary
- Individual cash incentives (performance based)
- 5% employer pension contributions
- Generous benefits package including additional leave
- First class training and support
Location of job
Purpose of the job
To ensure exceptional levels of service are achieved whilst meeting company objectives. The focus is to deliver recycling collections to clients in a friendly and efficient manner.
Main tasks and activities
- Manage workload to complete all collections in a timeous manner.
- Record collection data on handheld PDA’s.
- Establish rapport with clients with an open and engaging manner.
- Identify opportunities to deliver additional services.
- Communicate effectively on a day to day basis.
- Understand agreed service levels and ensure they are upheld.
- Maintain a courteous and positive disposition with clients at all times.
- Support other team members as directed by line manager.
To be successful for this role, candidates will need to demonstrate how they meet the following criteria:
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Structured organisational and time management and skills.
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to take decisions when appropriate and work in an unsupervised manner
Candidates must hold a current HGV licence.
Recycling Service Operatives collect recycling and waste from clients with a positive disposition, to a high professional standard, and always safely and on time. This is a physical role; you will have a strong commitment to safe manual handling procedures.
As a front line team member you will demonstrate excellent commitment to customer service and have a flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude to your work. You will be the sort of person who can deliver to tight deadlines and work equally well as a team member or on your own.
A good geographical knowledge of the Edinburgh area will be beneficial, and you should have the ability to organise your own workload and use PDA technology.
Please apply now via the company’s dedicated recruitment portal.
We intend to contact you as soon as possible with an update on the status of your application.
Salary £23,509 to £29,171 per annum plus cash incentives and generous benefits
Type Full time
Closing Date for Applications
36 Newhaven Road