Trainee Recycling Service Operative
Changeworks Recycling provides high quality recycling and waste management services to Scottish businesses. We have been instrumental in shaping business recycling in Scotland, and now have an exciting opportunity for another Recycling Service Operative to join us in continuing to deliver our exceptional and award winning service.
If you are looking for a change in career and want to work for a local, growing, award winning business then we'd like to hear from you.
This is a customer facing role and you will be required to demonstrate excellent commitment to customer service, and have a flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude to your work. You will be the sort of person who can deliver to tight deadlines and work equally well as a team member or on your own.
Recycling Service Operative
Location of job
Hours and terms
40 hours per week over a seven-day shift rotation. Permanent
32 days per annum plus 3 public holidays
Purpose of the job
To ensure exceptional levels of service are achieved whilst meeting company objectives. The focus is to deliver recycling collections to clients in a friendly and efficient manner.
Main tasks and activities
- Manage workload to complete all collections in a timeous manner.
- Record collection data on handheld PDA’s.
- Establish rapport with clients with an open and engaging manner.
- Identify opportunities to deliver additional services.
- Communicate effectively on a day to day basis.
- Understand agreed service levels and ensure they are upheld.
- Maintain a courteous and positive disposition with clients at all times.
- Support other team members as directed by line manager.
To be successful for this role, candidates will need to demonstrate how they meet the following criteria:
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Structured organisational and time management and skills.
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to take decisions when appropriate and work in an unsupervised manner
Recycling Service Operatives collect recycling and waste from our clients with a positive disposition, to a high professional standard, and always safely and on time. This is a physical role; you will have a strong commitment to safe manual handling procedures.
As a front line team member you will demonstrate excellent commitment to customer service and have a flexible, friendly and enthusiastic attitude to your work. You will be the sort of person who can deliver to tight deadlines and work equally well as a team member or on your own.
By driving and delivering the collection service you will complete around 80 collections a day, so will require a good geographical knowledge of the Edinburgh area and have the ability to organise your own workload and use PDA technology.
Ideally, you will possess a clean driving licence and have experience driving 3.5t vehicles.
Salary and benefits
- £24,661 on completion of a minimum 3 month probation period
- Enrolment into our HGV apprenticeship, with opportunity to further increase salary upon successful completion
- Performance based cash incentives
- 8% employer pension contribution
- First class training and support
- Generous benefits package
This is an excellent trainee opportunity for the right candidate, who will benefit from first class training and support to work towards their HGV qualification.
We intend to contact you as soon as possible with an update on the status of your application.
Please apply now via the company’s dedicated recruitment portal.
Salary £22,645 to £24,661 per annum plus cash incentives, HGV apprenticeship opportunity, generous benefits
Type Full time
Closing Date for Applications
36 Newhaven Road